Friday, January 25, 2013

LG gets a long overdue Purpose Re-definition

Statute has been amended: see the redefinition of 'Purpose - sec 10 - reproduced below.

If I was still in LG wiv my cold hand on the financial tiller, I'd be looking at the Social and Cultural hangers-on and thinking - Gosh - how long am I gonna see your well-remunerated faces 'round 'ere for? Being as how yer Statutory Purpose has been negatorated? In fact, I'm not sure I'm allowed statutorily to Pay y'all next week!

As Bob the Dylan sings 'Things have Changed' - (written and performed for the film 'Wonder Boys') Oh, the new LG purpose: (I've just kept the straight definition, there's a lot of inserting and replacing as it's yet another 2002 Act Amendment):

“(b) to meet the current and future needs of communities for good-quality local infrastructure, local public services, and performance of regulatory functions in a way that is most cost-effective for households and businesses.”

and 'good quality' is defined as:

In this Act, good-quality, in relation to local infrastructure, local public services, and performance of regulatory functions, means infrastructure, services, and performance that are— “(a) efficient; and “(b) effective; and “(c) appropriate to present and anticipated future circumstances.
 LG readers - in the words of the aforementioned:

"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

No comments: